[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)

Planning on breeding fish or already breeding them.

Re: Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)

Postby rosst » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Wow! great example of the colouration they develop at spawning time!!

: here is a video I just made of my Pair with eggs about to change into free-swimmers soon......they are 'bubbling-up' inside the Ship ornament.......The lights were off, but I used a torch to highlight the Fish/Eggs.

LINK; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGXikRNezBU
rosst

Postby Big Den » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:41 am

Nice vid Ross, love the comments.
Big Den

Postby Mick » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am

Loved the "I'm the mother get lost with the torch" :-):

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby POS_miniracer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 am

Very nice indeed.
POS_miniracer

Postby rosst » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks; I was in two-minds whether to add Annotations or not, but I think it worked alright..... :winkin
rosst

Postby rosst » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 pm

.....'OMG!' as they often say ; I have just witnessed an amazing sight.............

Having acquired a stunning 4.5'' Male Krib from a Relatives Previously un-kempt Tank, I decided to get him a female partner today......I chose a one which had a nice plump, purple stomach area..............I did the usual acclimatising, and it took approximately 3 seconds for the Male to completely enhance the colours all over his body and the female did too; the Male then started to dart towards his new 'partner' and then did a circling dance around her......this happened several times and the Male then started to chase away my other fish; so, I quickly put some Pots into an already set-up 90 Litre Tank......Within 3 hours the female has laid 200+ eggs!.....(The female had been in a Tank in the Shop with other males in, but the Male I have is twice the size of her.)

I will tell my Cousin (Previous owner of the Male) about his new found Love and soon to be Proud Father!;

+ I'll try getting a few pic's on soon.

>> Talk about 'Love at first Sight!' :love2: :angel: :thu:
Last edited by rosst on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosst

Postby Mick » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:02 pm

That has to be some sort of record for speed dating :-):

Nice one mate, keep us informed on this one :thu:

Mick

Postby rosst » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:53 pm

* Near disaster!*; I was very busy yesterday and after I had been getting the Kribs tank to their requirements, I had turned the heater up slightly......I must not have turned the plug back on though! The filter was turned on, but not the Heater.........I looked in this morning and the Thermometer was below the minimum level.....the Pair are still alive, but hiding in the Flower-Pot....+ It was a cold night here last night! Oooops.

> Just now I have put some warm water in and have 2 heaters running to get it back to normality. I believe they are quite hardy Fish, so hope they overcome this Test. :oops:
rosst

Postby Mick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Ross I did that once with my discus tank, the temp went down to 20 degC but they were fine, I just let the heater warm up the temperature slowly.

Mick

Postby rosst » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:49 pm

....The Temp. is now 78F......Phew! (they seem to be fine and the eggs are still there.)
rosst

PreviousNext

Return to Fish Breeding