[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)

Planning on breeding fish or already breeding them.

Re: Breeding Kribensis (Pelvimatochromis Pulcher)

Postby Mick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:11 pm

Well after eading through your posts, I decided to invest in some Kribs as well :-): I picked up 1 male and 2 females and I think even after 2 days there is a pair forming. One of the females tends to stay at the other side of the tank while the other pair are constantly swimming together, so who knows !!

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Thats great news Mickey :)
Really glad for you ! You will see how fun and easy to keep they are.
Keep us posted on how you like them !
NightwishRaven999

Postby Mick » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:47 pm

I am going to make a determined effort this week to take some fresh pics with the new camera, just a bit tied up atm with extra article work.

Mick

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Here are the kribensis fry, now almost 2 weeks old.

NightwishRaven999

Postby Mick » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:09 pm

They seem to be growing nicely, no lovemaking going on in my tank yet but I did notice that they have fully coloured up now.

Mick

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Looks like my Kribs are about to spawn again.

The male Krib, trying to impress the already plump female.

NightwishRaven999

Postby Mick » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:17 am

I slipped up bying 2 females, I have a pair that are inseperable and one female that just swims a bout on her own, thinking of adding another male to keep her company.

Mick

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:25 pm

Here are some newer pics of the Kribensis fry.

I will take a video of them eating this weekend.
Its really amazing to see how they swim around the tank like a huge flock.
NightwishRaven999

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Here is the video I promised.
Short video, of the Kribensis fry eating baby brine shrimp.
Unfortunatly, the frozen food was melting too fast in the warm water and I couldnt stir it up, since I had my hands on the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hngKy8ptihg
NightwishRaven999

Re: Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)

Postby rosst » Wed May 06, 2009 12:10 pm

My female was turning to one side, then the other in front of the Male last night......Is this her show-off dance? .....the colours are all bright and she looks plumper.

fingers crossed. :-):
rosst

PreviousNext

Return to Fish Breeding