[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Angelfish
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Angelfish

Planning on breeding fish or already breeding them.

Angelfish

Postby malakye » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Barrys always been a fan of angels so when I moved the smaller fish out the big tank I got him 3. They were tiny when we first bought them but over the year they have grown into huge things which despite me never being a huge fan are stunning looking. We were never sure what sex they were although we originally thought the large white was a male as that and the one we were convinced was a male were always fighting. Well we got the male right but the white turned out to be female. Two weeks ago she laid a whole heap of eggs on the pipe for the filter which hatched but the wrigglers were picked off by the other fish.

The eggs on pipework

We thought the black one was a female but we weren't sure but we were to be proven right just a week later when she laid twice as many eggs across two leaves in the centre of the tank. We left her one batch knowing they would probably be picked off but took one batch away to rear ourselves.

Heres dad fertilizing the eggs and how many were on just one leaf. (poor picture of mum but shows the eggs clearly)

We put the leaf and eggs into a smaller tank with an airdriven filter and an airstone blowing over the eggs. Three days later we had wrigglers, 5 days on and they were all free swimming and getting their first feed of liquid fry and newly hatched brine shrimp. They are on day 3 since free swimming so I thought you might want to see.

I will update this as they progress.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Angelfish

Postby superdart » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 am

Nice to see Angels spawning and they never spawn where you want them to and filter pipes are a favorite with them..Best of luck with raising the fry and it will be interesting to see the colours of the offspring as they develop.... :thu:
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:53 am

great stuff, there'll be no stopping them now they have started to spawn :-):

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Big Den » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 am

Nice one Candise, it's great to see a shoal of young angels.
Big Den

Postby stumpy316uk » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Good stuff will be following this.
stumpy316uk

Postby malakye » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks guys, they are doing great so far no losses. Its like a mini feeding frenzy when they get fed lol. What is fascinating is at night they gather together in 3 seperate groups to "sleep" I have never seen other fish do this.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Nice work Candise.
I've always had a soft spot for angels.
My father has kept them on and off for years and they were some of my favorites as a little kid growing up.
POS_miniracer

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Looking forward to see how they progress. Im a big fan of Angels
Eric

Postby andy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Fantastic stuff. I used to breed angels almost on a commercial scale and i had a little production line going. Trouble was, getting enough newly hatched brineshrimp into them. Don't forget microworms too are worth a go (get them on ebay) you will need to do lots of water changes too....25% a day isn't too much.

The best bit comes when they start getting their true angel shape....tiny 1cm angels are just the cutest thing ever.

I have 2 breeding pairs at the moment...might have another go myself !!!
andy

Postby malakye » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:07 pm

I have two bottles of brine shrimp on the go so that when ones being used to feed the other has a fresh batch of eggs so they are ready the following day.
I just got a microworm culture this morning from an ebay seller so hopefully in a week will have some of those for the wee guys.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Fish Breeding