[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)

Planning on breeding fish or already breeding them.

Re: Breeding Kribensis (Pelvicachromis Pulcher)

Postby Mick » Wed May 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Thats just what mine was doing, she did that for a couple of days and seems to have gone off the idea for now

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby fishfreak » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:50 pm

I have 4 and have recently had to separate them. The biggest was chasing the other 3, then all of a sudden seemed to form a bond with the next biggest. These were then chasing the other 2 to the point that the smallest 2 were hiding away all the time and their colours faded. The 2 biggest have now started dancing around each other and look like they are 'vibrating'. Thats the only way i can describe it. They're also clearing out sand from under the bogwood. The thing is i'm pretty sure they are both female. They dont have pointed tails and there's no other noticeable differences between them. They also both have big round bellies. I also think at least one of the others is a female, and the smallest (also slowest growing) has a rounded tail but not as big a belly as the others. I will try to get pictures but my camera is broken and camera phone is rubbish. All the pics i've seen so far would suggest to me that they're females, so i'm confused as to what they are doing.
fishfreak

Postby Mick » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:57 pm

It is possible for two females to spwan together but obviously nothing will come of the eggs. Just keep an eye on them it will be interesting to see what happens.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:25 pm

If you had a pic, it would be easier to tell them apart.
The "vibrating" you see is the typical bonding ritual and a sign that they are ready to spawn.
This would only occur with a male and female. You must be able to note differences in the two fish. Males tend to have longer fins, and are a bit less colorful than the females.
The female is also plump and has a rounded tail, while the males have diamond shape tails and often purple fins.
Last edited by NightwishRaven999 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightwishRaven999

Postby fishfreak » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, having acquired a male, i'm now positive the other 2 are females. They're still doing they're thing as the male doesn't yet seem interested. He's dug his own hole and wont let them near it. Oh well, i never planned to breed them anyway.
fishfreak

Postby Carapace » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:06 pm

well done :thu:

nothing to add
Image Image
Carapace

Postby rosst » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Here is a little clip of film of my latest batch of Kribensis fry with their mother.......see video description for more Info.
+ thanks for reminding me of this Topic thread, 'NightwishRaven999' / Jordan;

LINK; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OepvAdCG0iI
Last edited by rosst on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosst

Postby rosst » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 pm

+ Here are a few other interesting Kribensis video's I found, showing how good the parent(s) are with the Fry.......

Pair with Fry; ............ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ig1wuYaaXg

Fry, first day free-swimming;.............. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swny8ARGgIc

Male with youngsters;...................... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAa3sUFfmw0

9-day old Kribs with Parents guarding;.............. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCesXp2i4mU
Last edited by rosst on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosst

Postby rosst » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:18 pm

+ Spawning behaviour vid's;

'Red' Kribs , with very plump Female;..................... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_18tHoQXcA

Ready to spawn;............................................... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjphKJ7UX8

Preparing a site for the eggs;.............................................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vewjh5Zd-4
Last edited by rosst on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosst

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 am

Came across this beautiful photo on the web.
I had to modify its size to post it on the forum....but this is a great example of how colorful Kribensis can be when in top health.
They are on par with Blue Rams and almost as colourful as some Marine species...

NightwishRaven999

PreviousNext

Return to Fish Breeding