[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Leaf litter in the tank
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Leaf litter in the tank

Articles on general fish keeping

Leaf litter in the tank

Postby mucklelass » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:59 pm

I came across a very intiguing and informative article oline - all about the value of leaf litter and when to use it.

here is the link:
mucklelass
Donator
Donator

Re: Leaf litter in the tank

Postby Big Den » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:39 am

Interesting article, I have a beech hedge running the length of my garden, think I'll collect some leaves and try them out.
Big Den

Postby Mick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:05 am

Have just had a read through the article, very interesting and informative :thu:

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby superdart » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Very good article and having visited the Orinoco its right and there are very few plants growing there in the main river but a lot of leaf litter and sunken branches.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Getthejist » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Great article, I always have some almond leaves in quite a few of my tanks, now I need to find a suitable tree from England to grow in the garden shouldn't be too hard. :D
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Postby superdart » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:56 pm

If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Anita » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Ahhh Oak's ok then, may try a few.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby andy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Beech leaves are excellent for a tank especially if it contains catfish such as whiptails, banjos and cories. However, make sure you collect them off the plant rather than off the floor as floor collected leaves CAN contain a fungus that's not too good for fish

:thu:
andy

Postby Anita » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:15 pm

:bye: Hi

Good tip.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Return to Articles