Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Beginner

If you are new to the hobby.

Beginner

Postby BJ1983 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:10 am

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to all this and wanted some opinions on the Hausen wall mounted tank?

I don't have much room for a big tank to go anywhere in my lounge but like the look of this one. I've not really looked into what fish to get yet, but obviously they will have to be fairly small as the dimensions are 1500 x 450 x 100mm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360802855136? ... 1423.l2649

Ben :thu:
BJ1983

Re: Beginner

Postby POS_miniracer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi Ben, and welcome to the forum.
To be honest most of us don't think much of those wall mounted tanks. They're typically too small to keep anything in and they're usually not very service or maintenance friendly either. They may be pleasing to the eye for people but usually aren't the best environment for the fish.

If you haven't kept fish in the past I'd suggest a more traditional style tank. You'll find them much easier to maintain and keep up with.
POS_miniracer

Postby Anita » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Hello Ben :bye:
As above really.
The company Juwel makes good quality tanks, that come with everything you need, lights, heater, filter. Take your time and browse around, you don't want to end up with something that you may regret buying.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi Ben, I am sorry to say I agree with Anita and Tom. A more traditional tank is a far better option.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginners