Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

advice please

If you are new to the hobby.

advice please

Postby morgan1501 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:43 pm

hi all ive had my tropical tank for about 9 months now and everything is goinf fine ive had no fish lost or anything like that.

ive got a 12 gallon tank (only till i can aford a bigger one.) got to start somewhere. :-):

in my tank i have 6 danio, 4 neon tetras, 3 male guppies and 1 bottom feeder not sure what the name is some sort of loach.

my filer does 200Liters an hr. also have a air stone plants and other ornaments.

my question is can i add anymore fish to my tank and what would people recommend ,i want something small but very bright in colour. and if i was to put a female guppie in the tank would i get babys and would they survive. or could a put a red tail shark in as i like them i just dont want messy fish.

cheers
chrs
morgan1501

Re: advice please

Postby POS_miniracer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Hello and welcome.
I would avoid adding any more fish until you've upgraded to a larger tank.
You're pretty well maxed out as it is.
POS_miniracer

Postby Anita » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Welcome to the forum :bye:
Yeah as above... great that your tank have been running fine to now and well done for that. Trouble is when you are overstocked things can go wrong quickly. The worse case scenario is, you can lose your entire stock of fish. I'd leave things as they are until you get your bigger tank.
It would be nice to see a piccy of you tank :-):
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 pm

hi and welcome, as the others have said your tank is at its maximum so I wouldn't advise adding any other fish. I definitely would not recommend a red tail shark in with that mix, they are aggressive and will shred the tails of guppies. You couldn't add just one female guppy as the 3 males would hound her to death, you would need to add 9 females, as your tank is not big enough for that you are better to wait.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginners