Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

New members? Help!

If you are new to the hobby.

New members? Help!

Postby Nick90 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello!

I have a few fish in my tank, sword tails, angel fish, silver shark and a kind of sucker cat fish? I've got loads of little shells all over my tank bed a bit like snail shells but a few have gone up the side of my tank and have like little whiskers? I haven't got any snails in my tank so have and of the fish I've got given birth? I'm new to all this lol!

Nick
Nick90

Re: New members? Help!

Postby malakye » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:34 pm

It sounds like you have pond snails, usually caused by over feeding. How often do you feed? Cut back the amount you feed and remove the snails you can see as they do breed like rabbits.
What size of tank do you have?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New members? Help!

Postby POS_miniracer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Yep, it sure sounds as if you do indeed have snails.
Sometimes they sneak in attached to plants and they will breed like rats.

Let me just add this. If you never noticed them before and suddenly you see a bunch all working their way up the glass to the very top that's an indicator your water chemistry may be off so you may want to do a water test.
POS_miniracer

Return to Beginners