Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Plant care

If you are new to the hobby.

Plant care

Postby Ady » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi all am new to fish keeping and I've had my tank 6 months , all was well and still is but all my plants have begun to get long thin weedy stuff growing on them , you had take it off by hand but by the next day it's returned , went to the local shop who did a water check and gave me the thumbs up , but didn't really explain why , what and how .i did notice they had it in there display tanks , any ideas how to get rid of
Ady

Re: Plant care

Postby Anita » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:05 pm

A picture would really help.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Re: Plant care

Postby malakye » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:32 pm

is it black? As anita said a picture would be helpful but it sounds like it could be an algae issue, try cutting the light back to 8 hours a day maximum.
I know you said the shop said your water was fine but did they tell you the actual stats?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginners