Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

how to deal with white spot?

If you are new to the hobby.

how to deal with white spot?

Postby markabi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:34 pm

we are building a community tank but have noticed white spot on two guppys and a few neons.
we have interpet No 6 white spot treatment which we have added (just under 20ml for a 180L tank)
can someone give us a detailed treatment pattern please to make sure we have this right.
in addition to the medication we have increased the temp to 28 degrees to increase the lifecycle speed. (is this ok for minnows, neons, guppies and golden sucking loach?)
We think we now wait 4 days then treat again?
after 7 days do a 50% water change?
start again if still present?

is all that correct?
is Interpet the best treatment?

meantime, do we need to take all plants sand decos out to clean?

thanks for any help
markabi

Re: how to deal with white spot?

Postby malakye » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:47 pm

turn the temp up to 30, this speeds up the life cycle. You can leave all decor and plants in the tank. You need to gravel vac every day in order to remove any cysts that fall from the fish as the medication will not kill these.
Make sure you have removed any carbon from you filter as this stops the medication working.
I cant comment on interpet whitespot remover as to how much to dose or when but follow the instructions. Yes it will be fine to use with your fish. Personally I prefer to use the king British white spot treatment as it works better than most of the others.
You may need to add an airstone into the tank while treating the fish as most meds remove a lot of oxygen out the water.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby markabi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:39 am

Cheers bud. Watching closely. And looking good so far.
markabi

Postby malakye » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Glad to hear it, how are they doing now?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginners