Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Opinions

If you are new to the hobby.

Opinions

Postby TheMightyLebeau » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:40 am

I'm currently looking for some baby oranda's, due to my last little fella dying due to a bacterial infection bought into the tank by another fish.
I am finding it extremely difficult to track any oranda down other than XL ones.
One member of staff at my local stockist mentioned (name removed) as a good place to order from; however I was lately told by yet another stockist to avoid them at all costs, because in his experience with them the fish arrived with anchor worm and other conditions.
I just wondered whether anybody has ordered from them, and whether I should risk ordering from them.
Thanks
TheMightyLebeau

Re: Opinions on Starfisheries UK

Postby malakye » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I dont know that company so cant judge but what I will say is most wholesalers which I assume they are, will not allow you to simply order one or two fish.
I would stick to seeing any new fish you want in the flesh. Most stores will stock smaller fish rather than larger specimens as they can sell them quicker so it might be a case of just looking around.
Which area are you in as there are members from all over who could point you in the right direction.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheMightyLebeau » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks I'm in Derbyshire all the stores near me do not stock oranda's or if they do they are already fully grown at around 5/6 inches. I have been to all of the stores within a 10 mile radius and no luck.
The website seems to allow you to order as many as you want but I am more concerned about the health of the fish.
TheMightyLebeau

Postby malakye » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:39 pm

because there are question marks over the quality of their fish I am going to edit the above posts to remove the name.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheMightyLebeau » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Sorry,didnt realise. Just didnt want to spend money on unhealthy fish.
TheMightyLebeau

Re: Opinions

Postby malakye » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:03 am

No honestly you dont need to apologise, we just don't want to name them if their quality is in doubt.
If you can go and see the fish in person and have a really good look at them then go have a look, just check all the tanks as most are connected so the water and any nasties flow from tank to tank. If in doubt walk away.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginners