[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Fluval u3
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Fluval u3

If you are new to the hobby.

Fluval u3

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi all just a quick question ? I'm running a fluval u3 internal filter in my tank. I was just wondering if there's a way of taking the filter apart to clean it ? I know how to take out the impeller and clean it cause i do it every week with the water change. I'm taking about the front of the filter where the holes are. Some are blocked and i cant seem to un-block them. Does anyone here use one or used to have one that could give me some advice that would be great.
Thanks Eric
Eric

Re: Fluval u3

Postby Mick » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Never used one but I'm sure someone will have the answer for you

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:55 pm

I haven't used one myself but did find this, so hope it helps you

malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks for that malakye. If i take out the filter media is it ok to rinse the filter under tap water to remove and gunk that might be blocking the holes ?
Eric

Postby Mick » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:16 pm

The casing etc. can be cleaned with mains water, its only the media that can't

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks mick. I rinsed the casing under the tap and it unblocked it. Its back working top notch now. I'm going to do it with every water change now. Learn something new everyday :-):
Eric

Return to Beginners