[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Question about my Goldfishe(s)
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Question about my Goldfishe(s)

If you are new to the hobby.

Question about my Goldfishe(s)

Postby Bucki » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi All

I hope I came to the right place for help.
Right ... I am not a fish-man (meaning, I have not much idea about fishes)
However, I recently purchased a whole unit fish tank, with heater, pump including 12 GoldFishe(s)

Anyway, I got it my room eventually ... and for some reason the fishes seem to stay together in a corner (most times)
and also they go to the top and make bubbles.

Please view the video: **Should be uploaded in next 10min **

Let me know what to do :(
Bucki

Re: Question about my Goldfishe(s)

Postby Katfish » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Can I ask what size the tank is please ?

Are they common gold fish like the ones given away at fair grounds as prizes?
Katfish
Donator
Donator

Postby Bucki » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Fish tank is: 97cm Long x 38cm wide and about 50cm haigh
Do not think, its the size of the tank ...

u can see the video, save it to ur desktop and play with WMP.

They are goldfishes, and not give away.
cos that guy had them for years ...
Bucki

Postby Katfish » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:51 pm

what I ment with the fair ground is the ones they give away are common goldfish normally.

First off 10 goldfish in that size of tank is well over stocked as goldfish are massive waster produces.

Also you say heater gold fish should be kept in cold water (no heater)

if the fish at at the surface gasping it means you have no oxygen in the water.

This could be because you have them in warm water and not cold water and if you are not using the heater you need to pump air into the tank via a air stone etc.

As a rule of thumb goldfish need something like 10 gallons of water each you tank holds around 40 gallons but I my eyes goldfish should only be kept in ponds or massive fish tanks as they can grow 12" plus.

Have a read though this and it will double up on what I have said
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_goldfish
Katfish
Donator
Donator

Postby Bucki » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:59 am

Hi

The guy, where in bought it off said that he kept the heater on 28degree and maybr they r used to it by now?! However, i dont use the heater ... The water is room temperature .

Did u manage to look at the video?!

Yeh, currently, there is one pump making bubbles in the tank , the airstone is attached to it. I am also planning to make two pipes out of one (with a T junction) and hope this will be ok

Having said that, the pump filter (admit is not a big one either) also makes bubbles ... Should not that be enough?! I dnt think the water is too dirty cos i refilled tank 2 days ago.
Bucki

Return to Beginners