Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Need advice on what fish i should get

If you are new to the hobby.

Need advice on what fish i should get

Postby phiz20 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi, i currently have 3 goldfish which later on tonight will be going to a new home in a pond, very happy as i only have a 15 gallon tank, not very good for them. Anyway i was having a lot of trouble with the cycle and everything, so as soon as the goldfish are gone, i am going to try to get my water perfect and then thinking about changing to tropical fish as soon as i have bought a heater. So....which fish and how many would be best for my 15 gallon tank? Need some advice as i have never kept them before. I really want to do things right this time round after the whole goldfish situation i was in. Thanks
phiz20

Re: Need advice on what fish i should get

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Well i love my panda corys their great to watch. But if your using gravel it'll have to be fairly small as they'll damage their barbs
Eric

Postby malakye » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:48 pm

As its your first tank try your hand at some livebearers, you will get some lovely babies which will keep you amused and they are easy fish to keep. Have a read through the profiles and you will find some lovely fish.
The first thing is getting the tank cycled, if you go to beginners section you will find a couple of posts in there about cycling without fish or with fish, without fish is the best way obviously.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby phiz20 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks, i will do, my tank is fully cycled its been running for about 5weeks now. I test my water every few days ;plo)
phiz20

Return to Beginners