Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Advice Please! Hexagon Tank Lighting.

If you are new to the hobby.

Advice Please! Hexagon Tank Lighting.

Postby memoryremains » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:31 pm

I have had a 25L hexagon tank for about 4 months now. I have recently added a background sheet to it and I would like to have a decent light in it. I'm currently using those battery operated led units that you stick under cupboards (£1 jobbies) and I have always felt that they are rubbish but kept using them.

I've been looking all over the internet and can't find anything suitable. I will add, that the hood of the tank is just one of those flimsy black plastic ones. It also has a condensation cover, which I don't want to get rid of just in case one of the lights fall into the water and fry my goldfish.
memoryremains

Re: Advice Please! Hexagon Tank Lighting.

Postby Anita » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:55 pm

its one of those I have been looking at for our hexagonal tank
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Getthejist » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:18 pm

I'd probably go with the arc pod because the ellipse is very wide and the arc pod is very compact, on my 40l cube the ellipse goes over the sides but on my 20l cube the arc pod doesn't even stretch across the width of the tank. One thing to consider though is that the arc pod isnt properly secured its just kind of hooked on loosely so it sags down a bit so if you tank is filled the the top it might be partially underwater but provided a small space at the top or something to stop it touching the water ( i use a piece of glass) it should be fine
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Postby superdart » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:01 am

I would use the ellipse and use the backing sheet to prevent light spill from the sides.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Return to Beginners