Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Caring for your betta fish?

If you are new to the hobby.

Caring for your betta fish?

Postby Michaelmouse » Mon May 28, 2012 2:39 pm

I just bought a betta fish, and i just wanted how to care for him properly, hes in a 5 gal at the moment but im getting a 15 in a few weeks. What should the tank set up be like. I have a few buddha ornaments not sure if theyre aquarium safe. And any other advice on food and medical thanks :)
Michaelmouse

Re: Caring for your betta fish?

Postby malakye » Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Barrys betta and my sons Betta tank are both set up with live plants, one has gravel on the bottom the other has sand. Barrys crown tail betta shares a 3ft tank with a shoal of around 30 neon tetra and couple of baby bristlenose plecs, Billys tank is about 7.5 gallon and there is only the betta and a bristlenose plec in there as his betta will not tolerate any other fish other than the plec going in his tank. Both eat some tetra prima but get fed a mix of tropical foods which consist of a tropical mix, blood worm, daphnia, and other meaty foods. Neither of them have had any medical issues but being labyrinth fish you have to be wary of what meds you do use.

If your unsure about your buddha ornaments I would say leave them out, better safe than sorry. What are they made from? Are they just ornament or were they sold as aquarium ornaments?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Beginners