[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - clown loaches
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

clown loaches

If you are new to the hobby.

clown loaches

Postby mdyball » Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 am

I have recently inherited a 40gal tank with 2 x clown loaches and a pleco and 7 tetras
I understand that loaches are happier in groups. The ones i have at the moment are about 4 inches in length, would there be any problem introducing a couple more loaches from the lfs of a smaller size? I also realise that eventually the tank might eventually get overcrowded but i assume that whilst fish are smaller i will be ok and i will just upgrade to a larger tank when needed.
Any advice will be much appreciated
Matt
mdyball

Re: clown loaches

Postby Mick » Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 am

Clown loaches are very sociable so I can't see a problem, the other fish certainly will be o.k.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Blowfish » Tue May 22, 2012 6:02 pm

I would even add 2 or 3 more clown loach! they are at their best in shoals
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby Anita » Tue May 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Adding smaller loaches won't hurt at all and they make a spectacular display :)
But remember with the right care they live a long time and grow pretty large.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Jack Middleton » Tue May 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Can you accommodate a tank with a foot print of 6*2 feet for when they're fully grown? I appreciate this will be a long time away but circumstances do change and re-homing large fish is not easy.
Jack Middleton

Postby mdyball » Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks for the comments. I know the loaches and pleco I have can potentially grow quite large and though the wife may disagree, when the time comes we do have space for the larger tank.
mdyball

Postby Anita » Wed May 23, 2012 8:46 pm

That's good, you have a while to talk your wife around :-):
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Return to Beginners