[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Killifish compatibility
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Killifish compatibility

If you are new to the hobby.

Killifish compatibility

Postby SquattingOtter » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Hey all,

looking to get 2 broken line killifish for a shrimp tank but for now whilst its cycling i will have to home them in my 80 litre but i would just like to know if they are compatible with my current stock?

2x Angels
2x Dwarf Gouramis
2x Clown Loaches
1x Dalmation Molly

Thanks in advance!
SquattingOtter

Re: Killifish compatibility

Postby malakye » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 pm

I wouldn't add any killifish in with clownloaches or angels, they are really small and would be out competed for food by all those other fish.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SquattingOtter » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks for the reply! So it would be best waiting it out till the tanks cycled i suppose :) Do you know if they will be ok with shrimp?
SquattingOtter

Postby malakye » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 pm

I kept killifish with my shrimp, they do eat some of the smaller babies but so long as there are a lot of plants and hiding places for the shrimp they will be ok.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SquattingOtter » Tue May 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Ah right, might try my hand at breeding before introducing fish into the tank! :)
SquattingOtter

Postby Mick » Tue May 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Sounds like a plan :thu: Keep us informed as to how you get on with this in the future!!

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Return to Beginners