[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - tank stands
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

tank stands

Need advice about buying some equipment or wish to write a review.

tank stands

Postby madhouse » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:50 pm

right i am looking at a new 4ft tank for salt water its a aqualife 350 440ltr tank

it comes with stand

but the stand has 3 sections to it 2 cupboards and a middle shelp also what i would think are supports in the middle sectioning them off

would it be wise to modify this stand to allow a sump underneath or would i be better of just building one for the tank

i dont think i would be too happy if the tank was to give way lol
Karl

Dont ask as i probably dont know but just incase i do it's probably wrong
madhouse

Re: tank stands

Postby Mick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:54 pm

that is the same cabinet I have for my 5 foot tank, it is possible to modify but I would also add some strengthening struts in the cabinet just to make sure :-):

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby madhouse » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:04 pm

my problem is i also need to shorten it by about 6" but will look at it more when it arrives

i was thinking of double blanking the middle section off and removeing the 2 struts all together that way i would have a longer pannel at the font to hide the sump and still keep the twin door access to it 1 for pump 1 for skimmer etc
Karl

madhouse

Postby Mick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:11 pm

If you remove the two middle panels you will definately need to add struts inside to take the weight of the tank, that is the way most people do it.

Mick

Postby madhouse » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:14 pm

so it's just a matter of adding 4 bit's of 4x2 to the inside
Karl

madhouse

Postby Mick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:27 pm

yup just make a framework, you would probably get away with some 2"x2"

Mick

Postby madhouse » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:35 pm

thats what i was thinking an n frame gives the top a bit of strength then or a double n to the orginal points
Karl

madhouse

Postby Mick » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Just add the struts at the side and top where the panels where as you need to leave the inside as clear as possible to give the most room you can for the sump

Mick

Postby madhouse » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:46 pm

am thinking of a 90x12x12 sump so should fit in ok also would only hold about 50 ltrs to allow 2" of over flow from the main tank
Karl

madhouse

Return to Fishkeeping Equipment