[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Confused about fish tank lighting
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Confused about fish tank lighting

Need advice about buying some equipment or wish to write a review.

Confused about fish tank lighting

Postby CrazyDaizy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Hia folks. With the owner of our tropical fish tank away at Uni, I went and bought a new fluorescent bulb to replace one that had failed in our fish tank. I have since found out that I should've replaced the two bulbs together. The fish tank is looking rather dull in there so I need to replace both bulbs but am unsure what with??

Where the bulbs are, it says AC 240V 50Hz 2 x 15W FDG13 (they are 18" long)

What kind of bulbs do I get?? Any links from Amazon would be much appreciated, or PM me a link. Thank you.

Gotta get it right, at the moment I'm so fed up of looking at a grim tank, I'm in two minds whether to get rid of the whole lot altogether!!
CrazyDaizy

Re: Confused about fish tank lighting

Postby Graeme » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:02 am

Hello Alison.

A 15W FDG13 appears to be a T8 lamp which means it has a diameter of 1". Can you confirm this?

If so then you can find replacement tubes here:

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquar ... tubes.html

You will need the T8 Tropical Plant Growth Tube 15w.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Graeme
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby CrazyDaizy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Yes I can confirm they are 1 inch.

But do I want blue or white?

Or should I just get rid of the whole lot & save myself the hassle :wtf:
CrazyDaizy

Postby malakye » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:16 pm

go for white or fresh water tubes, the blues are mainly used in marine fish keeping.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Here's some on Ebay from Aquacadabra:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAGEN-AQUAGLO ... 2c68fea681

What fish have you got in the tank?
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby CrazyDaizy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Hello

There are 4 penguin tetra, 10 Harlequin rasboras, 6 zebra danios, 6 peppered corys, 2 clown loaches and a bristle nosed plec called Larry. :) There used to be live plants but the clown loaches ripped everything up.

x
CrazyDaizy

Return to Fishkeeping Equipment