[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Protein skimmers
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Protein skimmers

Need advice about buying some equipment or wish to write a review.

Re: Protein skimmers

Postby madhouse » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:35 am

yes no probs here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMuTXBf-fao

if you was thinking about changing to a v2 nano here is one quite cheap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0414805057
Karl

Dont ask as i probably dont know but just incase i do it's probably wrong
madhouse

Postby madhouse » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:49 am

should have ordered from hong kong tbh

as the company have no more instock even tho they still left it on ebay so won tbe using them again lol :wtf:
Karl

madhouse

Postby malakye » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:11 pm

I bought the resun Sk-05 skimmer from a uk supplier, (wasnt going too expensive as I am going for the bigger tank) got it today problem I now have is it is producing loads of micro bubbles, have read it could be due to the reef crystals so going to leave it overnight sitting in the tank like others have suggested (googled the problem lol) and see if that helps.
Anyone any ideas on here?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:01 pm

I can't understand why using the reef crystals would give you a problem with micro bubbles ?

It'll be the charge in the plastic, it always takes them a while to settle down, just make sure the bubbles aren't upsetting your corals

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby madhouse » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:24 pm

was it the shop in scotland thats who let me down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHVoFmRR8DU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6EJrR5V_QE

here are some vid's on the but the questions they have been asked might help you
Karl

madhouse

Postby malakye » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:19 pm

I moved the corals over a bit in the tank to try and keep them clear of the bubbles so hopefully they will be ok, so far they seem to be.
Madhouse I dont know which company you were buying from I got it from here;
http://www.bluzooaquatics.co.uk/Product ... uctID=1388

Going to leave it running and see if it calms down.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madhouse » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:21 pm

did you get discount from them lol

it wasnt them that i used but i hear good things about them tho
Karl

madhouse

Postby malakye » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:56 pm

never asked for a discount, it was actually a friend of mine was ordering from them so said to him to get me that skimmer at same time as he was already paying for postage anyhow lmao.

It doesn't seem to be giving off as many bubbles today but sunday's water change day so will see what happens when I get that done.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Fishkeeping Equipment