[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Juwel Automatic Feeder
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Juwel Automatic Feeder

Need advice about buying some equipment or wish to write a review.

Juwel Automatic Feeder

Postby Anita » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:38 pm

http://www.juwel-aquarium.co.uk/Product ... eeder.html

Purchased one last week, works very well. Looks quite nice too!
You can feed once or twice a day and set the amounts they will get.
I put in a mixture of pellets and flake and a small amount of both comes out at feeding time.
I have it set for one feed in 24 hours because that's enough for my fish.
I'm very pleased so far and would recommend to others :-):

I bought it for when I go to the caravan, while I don't mind leaving the fish without feeding for a week maybe once or twice a year. This year we will be away more often.

:thu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Re: Juwel Automatic Feeder

Postby malakye » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:44 pm

I personally don't like automatic feeders, I had one a while back which went mental and put all the food into the tank, I came back to the tank in a real state. They may have improved since then but still regularly hear horror stories about them malfuctioning.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stumpy316uk » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:43 pm

do u know if u can put water in them cause i may have just a brainwave i know it was a shock for me aswell lol :rofl:
stumpy316uk

Postby malakye » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 pm

The food usually just clogs if there is any dampness in it at all.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Anita » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 am

Update
I'm still pleased with the product, there has been no clogging issues. The food in the feeder stays bone dry and flows freely.

I never use the lids on the tank so I don't get any condensation build up which maybe would cause the food to get damp and clog... can't really comment as it's not a thing I've experienced.

It's been 6 weeks or so now and the feeder has worked everyday at the correct time - the amounts of food have been consistent.

I can honestly say (up till now) I would have no worries about leaving on the tank if I was away for a few days.
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:36 pm

You may have solved the problem Anita, an uncovered tank can evaporate freely, if the air gap is just where the feeder is there is bound to be a much higher concentration of humidity.
Big Den

Postby Anita » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:43 am

Ive never seen the Jewel model but heres hoping you have many trouble free days with it :-):

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby superdart » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:03 pm

I have never used an auto feeder as yet but would do now as I think that the damp food clogging up the works in a closed tank problem would be eliminated by the ventilation provided in the open top systems........and that is what most marine tanks are.... :thu: ..Thank you Anita for sharing your experience with us and thank's Den for an answer to a potential problem.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby andrew45 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:21 am

The use of Automatic feeder have many advantages, But it does not ensure the proper care as the manual feeding.
andrew45

Next

Return to Fishkeeping Equipment