[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - confused, buying a second hand tank
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

confused, buying a second hand tank

Need advice about buying some equipment or wish to write a review.

confused, buying a second hand tank

Postby intuitive25 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 pm

i've just been looking for a new fish tank for my other alcove, and i came across this tank, it has no detail so we rang, But before i make a decision i want to know make and model and size, but upon asking im not sure if they know themselves as they qouted 500L im pretty sure its not but would like a better opinion first.

hope its ok to post link

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fish-tank/1001416464

am i right in thinking this is a fluval roma range?
intuitive25

Re: confused, buying a second hand tank

Postby intuitive25 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 pm

ok so it is a fluval, i've asked them to hold on to it for me for a few days so i can find somebody to pick it up, hope its a bargain lol.
intuitive25

Postby Getthejist » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 pm

It is a fluval roma tank, however I believe they only go up to 240 litres? Its still a price because if it is the 240l tank its around £500 bought from a shop. If you do get it what will you do with the fish?
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Postby intuitive25 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 pm

hi thanks for replying :thu: , Not sure yet it will depend on if i want to keep it or not, but if i do decide to get rid and nobody wants it then my local fish shop, looks after fish if you go on holiday ect so they may take it in, Im not even sure what fish it is, is it an oscar?
intuitive25

Postby Mick » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:50 am

Its not an Oscar, hard to tell from the pic exactly whats in there!!

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby intuitive25 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:40 am

how would be the best way to travel with a fish that big, ?
intuitive25

Postby Katfish » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 pm

I once moved a pair of massive Oscar's.

I got some massive bags and a large polystyrene box and a heat pack and a blanket.

I doubled up the bags and put one fish per bag.

I then wrapped the heat pack up in the towel and put that at the bottom of the box then both fish in the box lid on.
About every 30mins I opened the bag to exchange the air.

The journey took 2.5 hours and by the time I got them in the tank etc it was around 3.5 hours and all was good.
Katfish
Donator
Donator

Postby intuitive25 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:00 pm

hiya, yeah im going to ring up my lfs and ask if they either have a large polysytrene box i can borrow or if they have another idea, i would say the journey could take around 1 hour 50min there, so im hoping if i ring up and ask them to not feed the fish for 24 hours and seprate him, empty tank ect then i can bag them up and box them, and leave striaght away. I guess i should ring again and find out the fish.
intuitive25

Postby intuitive25 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:36 pm

ok so the lady sounds like an old lady apparently, she said shes not sure as to what fish the big one is but she calls it her "shark" she feeds it "waffers" , she will make sure the fish are all sorted bagged up ect and the tank is empty and ready, only problem im having is the logistic side, i myslef dont drive, and im been quoted from £110 - £250 for moving it :wtf: , this is a freaking nightmare :bang:
intuitive25

Postby Mick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 am

I move large fish in food grade buckets with a lid that has air holes, whereabouts in Nottingham are you picking the tank up from?

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Next

Return to Fishkeeping Equipment