[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - LED lighting systems
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

LED lighting systems

Need advice about buying some equipment or wish to write a review.

LED lighting systems

Postby Getthejist » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:26 pm

I was wondering if anyone has used LED lighting systems before because ive discovered that they are quite cheap and was thinking i should give them a try, i checked them out after Anita suggested them and they actually looked quite good and wanted some advice on if i should get some or not and any good brands to use
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Re: LED lighting systems

Postby Jack Middleton » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:22 pm

It depends on what you want, a good lighting system will cost a lot but will be cheap in the long run, I made my own LED lighting system for under £30, it's in the DIY section somewhere.

What's the application?
Jack Middleton

Postby Getthejist » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 pm

i was thinking about extra lighting for my 25 gallon and 24 hour lighting for my daphnia tank but i will check out your diy LED lighting system
Getthejist

Postby LennieGruca » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:09 am

I put some LEDs in my tank but I was disappointed with the level of light output and the colour was very cold. They're still there but so is the fluorescent, which is a warmer colour.
LennieGruca

Postby superdart » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:53 am

I have 2 60w E-SHINE units on for 10 hrs a day suplimented with a PAR 38 for 3 hrs a day over my JEWEL VISION 260 reef and the SPS corals are doing great.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby LennieGruca » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:01 am

They're still there but so is the fluorescent, which is a warmer colour.

LennieGruca

Postby superdart » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 am

I had a good look at the Giesemann tezla at the SWM open day and its a good light that does not use lenses so you get an even spread similar to what you would get with MH but a lot cheaper to run and one unit will cover 2'x 2'.Simon Garret was there demonstrating the range of lights from Giesemann and I was impressed.Also on show were SOLs,TMC tiles,and radions.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby TadSibrel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:54 am

I made my own LED lighting system for under £30, it's in the DIY section somewhere.
TadSibrel

Postby Getthejist » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Getthejist

Return to Fishkeeping Equipment