Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Deadly cold-water tank!

Need some help or advice quickly.

Deadly cold-water tank!

Postby sazzapoo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:53 pm

Hello, looking for some advice please as don't know what to do! :sos:

Cold-water tank
Established for 6 years
Recent stock - 2 goldfish, 1 plec, 2 danio, 2 minnows

All have been living in harmony for at least 6 months. Have been doing regular water changes every other month. Due to ill health and a long spell in hospital I hadn't managed to do a water change for approximately 5 months until 3 weeks ago. I checked the water levels prior to the water change and the nitrates were quite high. After the 50% water change I continued to check the water on a weekly basis and the nitrate level did not drop. I then did another water change two days ago and discovered that one goldfish and one minnow were dead. The plec was also looking weak. Tonight the plec died and after checking the water levels again, the nitrate level is still high!

I just don't know what to do. In the 6 years I've had the tank everything has been healthy until now.v :cry:

Thanks for reading.
sazzapoo

Return to Emergencies