Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Stinking tank

Need some help or advice quickly.

Stinking tank

Postby Grozz » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:56 am

Hi all, I hope someone can help.
Two days ago my son poured the entire contents of sinking pellets into our 60l tank which has 2 goldfish about 6cm long. When I noticed probably 2 hours later I fished using a net all the food out but it immediately disintegrated and the whole tank turned cloudy with food.
I then used a siphon to remove some more and did a water change.I also did a filter change as they were blocked with food.
2 days on the tank is still cloudy and really smells of rotten eggs.

Help....What should I do?
Grozz

Re: Stinking tank

Postby Graeme » Thu May 05, 2016 6:25 am

Hello Grozz

Do a 50% water change today and then keep doing a 25% water change every day. Keep siphoning any bits that might be left in there. How long has the tank been set up?

Good luck.

Regards

Graeme
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Fri May 06, 2016 4:18 pm

When you said you replaced the filter what did you change? You really should only clean it using tank water so as not to put it through a cycle or if your replacing the media just do a third at a time.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Neri123 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:36 am

You can take the fishes out of tank and put them in water in normal temperature, then clean tank from the beginning fill there new water and when the temperature is fine put there the fishes.
Neri123

Postby Neri123 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:38 am

Take the fishes out of tank and put them in water until you clean the tank from the beggining and fill in water
Neri123

Return to Emergencies