Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My fish are dying one after the other

Need some help or advice quickly.

My fish are dying one after the other

Postby fishbob78 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:51 pm

help needed asap. I have had my tank nearly 4 months and I have in it mollies, platys and bettas. recently a couple looked like they were rotting and had a fungal infection, after a few days these died. now all the fish seem to have some dortbif illness and are going inside a barrel to hide I think or die. im having 2 or 3 fish die a day. I went to my local pets at home and they gave me fungi rot to use. I feel it could be to lste though as they dropping lile flies. i need help before they all die
fishbob78

Re: My fish are dying one after the other

Postby malakye » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 pm

take the barrel out if they are hiding in there that way you can keep an eye on them.
Do you have a test kit? If so what are the readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates? What is your routine for water changes? Sorry for all the questions but we need more information.

To start with do at least a 25% water change as I suspect the stats are way off. Do one every other day for the next week, you need to get the stats under control as poor water quality is usually the cause of fungus.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Emergencies