Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Help

Need some help or advice quickly.

Help

Postby Afsloss » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:28 pm

I've just gt a full setup from my friend about 3 week ago a 230ltr tank with a aquis 1050 filter , stone filter and heat tube , I had 3 diff types of bowmans rainbow fish in it they were pretty big the red 1 is 6 inch the gold was 6-7 n the other a think was blue was 7-8 inch , the 2 biggest have died n am worries the red is next , there was no obvious signs of wat caused it , am sure they're old fish but they were fine 1 minute then dead within hour any advice or help ?
Afsloss

Re: Help

Postby malakye » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Do you have a test kit to check the water? I think with moving the tank you may have had an ammonia spike, bosemani or infact any of the rainbow fish are quite delicate despite their size and do not like high nitrates or any ammonia or nitrite what so ever.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Afsloss » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:53 pm

I don't have any testing kit av been meaning to get 1 , we transferre the fish seperate from tank with 80l of previous water , they didn't die straight away 1 died in the first week then the 2nd today the rest of the fish have been fine , clown loach , chinease loach, angelfish , red rums, gouramis , tetras , danios n dwarf gouramis I just put in on sat
Afsloss

Postby Big Den » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:11 am

My guess would be pH shock, ammonia poisoning would show early symptoms. You really do need a test kit, clean looking water is no indication of how good it is.
Big Den

Postby Afsloss » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:21 pm

I will get testing kits ASAP , since the 2nd rainbow died last night my red rainbow has been awfy stressed swimming erratically round the tank then I found 1 of my tetras dead floating about tank in really worries about them now
Afsloss

Postby Afsloss » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Could I be under feeding them ? No matter how many times I feed them during day there all constantly eating it there is never any left lying on bottom after a minute
Afsloss

Postby Big Den » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:32 pm

I don't think you are under feeding, you would be surprised at how much food a fish can find in an aquarium.
Big Den

Postby Afsloss » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Okay I'll get the testing kits tonight what ones will I need ? Ph , ammonia
Afsloss

Postby Big Den » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:18 pm

Ammonia. Nitrite, Nitrate and pH, there are others but these are the important ones.
Big Den

Postby Afsloss » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Okay ammonia is 0.02 on chart so it's well in green , ph is 7 n should b fine , nitrate n nitrite r fru roof nitrate was 110 n nitrite was 3.3 . I done a 20 percent water change straight away tank does look clearer any advice to help ? I lost another tetra today but just found out fish r 6-7 year old
Afsloss

Next

Return to Emergencies