[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Rainbow has a fungus infection i think
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Rainbow has a fungus infection i think

Need some help or advice quickly.

Rainbow has a fungus infection i think

Postby toria899 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:13 pm

I have a new tank set up after changing from marine to tropical its been set up now for a month.
Bought 7 Bosemani Rainbows from my lfs 2 weeks ago and they all seemed perfectly fine but then last week i noticed one had a spot growing bigger and bigger and now its all furry, also his fin on his side is all furry too.
I have been doing 10% water changes every week and all the params seem fine.
Been dosing the tank with myxazin for a week with no effects but the furry spot is still getting larger, all other fish seem fine in the tank and they are all still eating well even the one thats most effected seems to have a bigger appetite than normal.

Another rainbow has a small spot appearing on his bottom lip but has not grown to the rate the other one has, i have just ordered primafix and melafix and just wondered if i could have some advice as i have been away from tropical fish keeping now for a couple of years.

This was the pic of my poorly fish yesterday but today the spots came off somehow and all that left is some white marks and half a fin :(

toria899

Re: Rainbow has a fungus infection i think

Postby Getthejist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:40 pm

im no expert but i think that is mouth fungus/rot which is actually a bacterial disease which if you arent already you should be treating with an antibacterial product (im not really sure what myxazin does) but if myxazin doesnt treat bacterial problems you want to do a reasonably big water change because you shouldnt really mix medicines. However if someone thinks im wrong dont take my word over theirs im only recalling this info from a book i read so im not too sure.
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Postby superdart » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:01 am

I have used PROTOZIN for the quick knockdown of most common ailments ie.whitespot and fungal infections and it realy works.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Like superdart I would have opted for Protozin.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby toria899 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:20 pm

The only thing i could find at my local pet shop was esha 2000 so if that doesn't work will find another pet shop for protozin but the fish looks like its getting better even before i put esha 2000 in as all the spots have come off and just left little white marks and it seems more active now too. But i thaught better be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the advice will keep you updated once i have finished the 3 day course.
toria899

Postby toria899 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Just and update today was my last dosing of easha 2000 and its done a brilliant job the last fungas ball has dropped off his fin and he is starting to flash the other males again in the morning flash- a-thon lol, his fin is still half gone tho will it grow back?

Also the others that had some starting to grow on thier mouths has dissapeared and all seem alot happier.
toria899

Postby Mick » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Good result, well done on your behalf for the prompt treatment :thu:

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Return to Emergencies