[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Whats wrong with my angelfish?
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Whats wrong with my angelfish?

Need some help or advice quickly.

Whats wrong with my angelfish?

Postby RamireziKeeper108 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi, I have a yellow angelfish and I haven't really looked before, but it only opens its gills on one side?!
Please tell me that its not gill flukes, because I have a lot of expensive fish in with it.

Oh, and also, the fish is semi-transparent and the gills look bright red...
But they were like that when I got it. There is no unusual behavior though...
Last edited by malakye on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clean up multiple posts
RamireziKeeper108

Re: Whats wrong with my angelfish?

Postby malakye » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Please rather than multiple posts when no one has replied simply edit your original post and add on to that.
I will let someone with a little more angelfish experience answer your original question as I dont have much experience with them.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:04 am

Might be a silly question but is the Angel fish a blusher? By bright red do you mean inflamed or just the colouration, with gill flukes you normally get rapid gill movements as the fish struggles to breathe.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby RamireziKeeper108 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 pm

I don't know. Now you say, it might be a blusher. Its just a yellow, semi-transparent angelfish, but it breathes normally and acts normally. Accept last night it only breathed with one side of its gills but it has stopped now.
The gills are still bright red though.
RamireziKeeper108

Postby malakye » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:27 pm

could you get a picture or a small video so we can see as that way we might have a better idea
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:33 pm

A picture would help, do the gills appear enflamed at all or is it just the gill covers that are bright red.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby RamireziKeeper108 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:12 am

Sorry, it died today.
RamireziKeeper108

Postby Anita » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:44 am

Just to be on the safe side could you post your water readings please?
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Return to Emergencies