[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - strange bug in tank.....HELP PLEASE!
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

strange bug in tank.....HELP PLEASE!

Need some help or advice quickly.

strange bug in tank.....HELP PLEASE!

Postby guppylover » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:40 pm

ok I was doing my routine search in my tank to make sure all is ok, when I spotted a really ugly bug in my tank. I got it out and found a few more. Here is a picture of 1.

My tank is fairly new so guessing whatever it is would have come in on my plants when I set up the tank.
I could not get a good shot of it but it seems to possibly be getting wings on its back. also the largest one I found seems to be giving birth as I can see little white dots appearing from the back end.
any ideas please? many thanks in advance xx
guppylover

Re: strange bug in tank.....HELP PLEASE!

Postby Jack Middleton » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:54 pm

It's a Dragon Fly Nymph, they can eat small fish when they get bigger, so remove them when you can.
Jack Middleton

Postby guppylover » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Really?? wow looks nothing like I thought. Thank you so much Jack. I have pretty much destroyed my tank searching for these. So hopefully I have got them all. I will be keeping my eyes open for more over the next few weeks. Thanks again xx
guppylover

Postby malakye » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Jack has named it for you and they would have come in on your plants.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:05 am

Nasty little creatures when nymphs, best out of the tank

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby gourami » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 am

Be sure to check really good when you first turn the lights on, they are more active at night.
~Chris
gourami

Postby guppylover » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:52 pm

thanks everyone. I managed to get all the buggers out but soon realised that they had given birth to loads (and I seriously mean loads) of babies. So I soon set up a new 70L tank and scapped everything from that tank. It was such hard work trying to combat this problem but hey I won in the end lol
guppylover

Return to Emergencies