Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Losing alot of fish for no reason

Need some help or advice quickly.

Re: Losing alot of fish for no reason

Postby gourami » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:16 am

I think so to. The fish seem to be doing ok so far, got my fingers crossed what ever it was has passed. Ive been telling my self to quarantine the new fish. Needless to say there is no question about going forward i will deffinetly be quarantining new arrivals.
~Chris
gourami

Postby malakye » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:51 pm

I think we have all been guilty of that at one time or another I know I have.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:11 am

I tend to agree that the heater is the least likely source I just found the article very interesting.

You would need a low voltage tester.
The problem the writer spoke of was due to polarity also. He found that his problem with his heater was that it was plugged into the wall wrong. Keep in mind this was 1976 so maybe heaters are different now but here in the U.S. we have a "hot" wire and a "cold" and nowadays most plugs have a flare on one prong so they only plug in one way. In his case he could simply unplug the heater and rotate the plug 180 degrees and his problem was solved.

He also mentions that of all the fish lost none were catfish. He had several species including Cory's and they all survived.
POS_miniracer

Postby malakye » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:52 pm

The good thing about the UK three prongs on the plugs so they can only go in one way lol.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Emergencies