Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Alasse's Tanks

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Alasse's Tanks

Postby Alasse » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 am

Hiya, been a while. Thought i'd share some of my current tanks (will update other tanks as I get pics)

African cichlid tank

Discus/Angel tank

Gold sev tank

Goldie tank (cloudy due to substrate change)

Tetra tank

Betta tank (currently only 1 male in residence, cloudy from new sand)

Oscar tank
Alasse

Re: Alasse's Tanks

Postby malakye » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Your tanks are stunning. I love your angel and tetra tanks but really do like them all, theres a great contrast between them all.
How did you get on with the 6ft tank?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alasse » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:50 am

Thank you

The 6ft is still plodding along, Beastie the eel is not very active now due to the cold weather, I notice 1 feeder goldie gone every day so she is still eating, once the weather warms up again so will her appetite I bet lol
Alasse

Postby Alasse » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:46 am

Some random pics

My new angels, Uriel and Castiel

Severus being his gorgeous self!

Caught a decent pic of a silvertip and a black neon tetra

My new silver dollars that are tank mates with Loki

The axolotl eggs (laid 19th Aug) are starting to develop, and we might have the odd one or two lol

Alasse

Postby Alasse » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:12 am

The axi eggs (pictured above) are starting to hatch now. We will soon be doing the first cull/clean up of the batch.

We are getting there with setting up the area outside for the axi breeding and raising. I have picked up a 5ft 3 tiered stand and 2x 4ft tanks. 1 of the 4fts is home to the female adult axis and the other will be home to the males once it has been resealed. There is also a 3ft tank out there that will be home to larger juvie axis, although it is housing the males at the moment until their tank is ready.

The 1st batch of juvies have now been moved into individual cups, these are sitting on the 5ft stand at the moment. Once the 6ft tank is moved, another stand will be going in to hold the individual containers.

Some pics of the eggs (in above post) so you can see what stage they are at :)

Alasse

Postby Alasse » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:32 am

An update:

Sorry I haven't added anything new for a while. My hubby and I have recently bought our own home. So I have been busy trying to condense down the tanks to keep just what I need running. I have also added another 2 racks to the tank totals lol (around 28 tanks)....I have an undercover area full of tanks waiting to be moved lol, also more sitting in the pool (table) room.

I managed to get the guys that built most of my tanks to, when moving date is here, bring their truck and gear to move the majority of tanks over for me (thankfully!!!) Will be setting some of these up at the new house and bringing fish and filters over and putting on the holding tanks while, I empty and then move the remaining tanks from the old house.

I am also in the process of getting quotes to have a 6mx6m shed (fishroom) built at the new house. All the tanks will eventually be put into here, but first up they will need to go into the undercover area and the entertainment shed. The new shed will be fully insulated and lined, with a drain in the floor. Once the shed is built I will be looking at getting a few 4x4x2ft tanks built

I am also going to merge my planted tanks into the 6x2x2 tank...

I cant wait honestly, very excited to finally have my own fish tank shed

Just so I added a few latest pics

One of my current planted tanks

And one of my goldie tank
Alasse

Postby malakye » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Sounds like exciting times. Cant wait to hear and see the fish room progress.

How did you get on with the axolotl eggs. I used to keep thise myself, fascinating creatures
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals