Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

rigid subtrate

Fancy telling us about ways you have saved money by doing it yourself or want advice on a future project.

rigid subtrate

Postby lllcandymanlll » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:37 am

I was thinking as I like the look of sand but dont want to irritate my fishes gills. Maybe i can make a rigid sand subtrate where there will be no loose sand by sticking (siliconing) the sand together all into 1 peice. This may also make it easier to clean the poop away as the poop wont brake up and go in between the nooks and crannies of small rocks and no loose sand will damage the filter and so on. Does this sound like a good idea or are there factors that i am over looking? Thanks
lllcandymanlll

Re: rigid subtrate

Postby malakye » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:35 am

Sand doesn't irritate the fish gills, i have used sand in my tanks for years now, fish like corydoras love routeing around in it.
So long as the sand has settled it doesnt cause any issue with the filtr either. I think sticking sand with silicone would be a lot of messing about but i will be interested to know how it works out for you
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to DIY Projects