Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

fish tank in a wall

Fancy telling us about ways you have saved money by doing it yourself or want advice on a future project.

Re: fish tank in a wall

Postby Blowfish » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Will you have space above the tank ? as i have a great filtration idea :winkin
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby merulz » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:10 pm

I have not finished the wall so there is still time to make modifications for filtration.
merulz

Postby Blowfish » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:28 pm

If you have the room....purchase a window plant box/trough,a powerhead say 600-1000 litre per hour turnover and some piping that fits the powerhead nossle,and a spray bar to fit piping...
Drill lots of holes accross the base of the plant box prob about 2-3mm each hole,cover base with a layer of ceramic filter media and cover with a course sponge,. drill a hole on the side you want the pipe to go in an inch or 2 from the top, place box over tank it should sit on the stress bars....put powerhead in tank(make sure it has a guard)attach hose to powerhead and to the hole in the box and attach spray bar.....this will work as a fantastic external filter!!
Heres a quick sketch....(you could also use a tupperware box) arrow on left with no writting should say sponge :blus:
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Previous

Return to DIY Projects