Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

tank sealant

Fancy telling us about ways you have saved money by doing it yourself or want advice on a future project.

Re: tank sealant

Postby jimpunker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:09 am

You probably cant see it there but there is a lip on the top area to stop the wash away of substrate in the top area. The water fall I'll be building in the corner over the smaller hole.

The top will not be an upside down tank. My plan is I will take the second tank apart and use my glass cutter to remove a section of the bottom, I will then attach the whole tank to the bottom tank using a sealant making it one whole tank.
jimpunker

Re: tank sealant

Postby Aquatic » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:02 am

I prefer Dow Corning, Adarsha, or M-Seal as my aquarium sealants. I have used Dow Corning for tanks as big as 8ft x 2 ft x 4 ft height and got best results. Tank is perfect even after 2yrs.
Aquatic

Previous

Return to DIY Projects